When Buying a Sampson Pacific Properties New Home and Land package Sales.
Things you need to know when buying your first home
- Look at all aspects of the property. It is about balancing the likes and dislikes as no property will ever be perfect .
- Think about the availability of parking , future development planned for the surrounding area, how close are you to the shops and transport, what about the noise from traffic and look at the overall street appeal.
- Buying in the right area is important, where you live becomes a big part of your life and your family's life it needs to fit the lifestyle you live. Think about the distance you are prepared to travel to work every day, is there a direct public transport ? Do the amenities suit you and your family needs? Find out where the nearest hospitals, schools, shopping centres and recreational spaces are all located. These things all have an impact on your family everyday life and happiness.
- Make sure you have spoken to the bank so when you find the property you love , you know you can commit to it . Whether it is the first property you spot or you’ve been looking every weekend for a year, if it feels right, is in your price range and you’ve done the necessary checks then you need to go for it before someone else comes along wither deposit ready to go.
- If you see a property and you are interested in that property, keep up your communication with your agent. Make sure he / she know you are interested in the property, so you don’t miss out to another potential buyer who was more proactive. Give yourself the very best chance of buying it and making it yours.
- Know when to compromise, when to stand your ground and when to walk away. Waiting for the perfect property to come along could take forever, settling for less than perfect now could mean moving up the property ladder a whole lot quicker.
- Make sure you have been to the bank and got a pre-approved for a loan so you know exactly how much you can spend before you even begin your property search
- Do your research ,understand the market you want to buy in. Websites like www.apm.com.au, www.realestate.com.au, www.domain.com.au offer some great information when researching the property market.
- Start a list of all the properties you would like to keep track of ,what you’ve looked at, the features of each property and the asking price so you can compare the likes and dislikes of each property and what you may need to compromise on